Buying a home is an exciting time in one's life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. My Buyer Specialist, Julie Everakes, will help you with services ranging from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. For your convenience, she will also provide listings by email. We pride ourselves on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why.
Julie Everakes Julie has been in the Real Estate industry since 2004. Before joining the Beth Smith Shuey Team, Julie lived in Charleston SC where she owned Homemakers of South Carolina, LLC. Her company bought, renovated, and sold houses. After moving to Charlotte she successfully sold new construction for Ryland Homes. Julie joined Beth’s team in 2009, and has been a great asset in keeping the team highly productive while the overall market was declining. She enjoys working with buyers at all levels and stages in their lives. Her attention to detail, calm demeanor, well-rounded background, and eye for design are great assets that she brings to the table. Her goal is to always give outstanding service to her clients while helping them find their perfect home!
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don't pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what type neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, attorneys, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
- Inspection fees include structural, mechanical, and pest inspections.
- Survey is highly recommended to make sure you know the boundaries of your home, and can run from $300-500.